You can import your missing publication details from a number of online sources. This includes publications in Web of Science and Scopus, if they haven't yet been automatically pulled into the Repository or are missing the University byline. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Log into the UWA Profiles and Research Repository with your UWA SSO credentials.
- Click the green +Add content button.
- From the Choose Submission page, select Research output, then Import from online source.
- Select the source you wish to import the publication from
- Follow the prompts on the search page. You will have options to search the publication by title, unique ID, DOI, author etc.
- Once you search for the publication, a list of publication records will appear in the search results. Click Import under the relevant record.
- Check the author affiliation details (you can also do this in the next step), then click Import & review.
- In the new publication record you've created, ensure the publication details and the list of authors and affiliations are correct.
- The Managing organisational unit will automatically populate with your current UWA affiliation. If it does not, manually enter it by typing your current UWA affiliation and selecting it from the dropdown menu.
- Upload a copy of the Author Accepted Manuscript (AAM), in accordance with the UWA Research Integrity Policy requirement. Read more about author rights and sourcing your AAMs in the Library's Open Access Toolkit.
- Under Upload a file, link or DOI, select Add Open Acces version here (file, DOI, or link)...
- Select Upload an electronic version
- Drag the AAM from your saved location, or click browse your computer and locate the AAM from your saved location and double click on the file.
- Once the file has uploaded, set the document version and select Unknown from the Public access to file drop-down menu. Library staff will check copyright and Publisher conditions before making the file open access.
- Click Create
- Add the relevant Fields of Research (FoR) codes.
- Select Add 2020 Fields of research
- Click on the + icon and search for teh relevant code
- Enter the appointment and click Create. You can assign up to three FoR codes, as long as the apportionments add up to 100%.
12. If your publication was funded by the ARC or NHMRC, add your grant information to the publication record. Read more about the requirements for depositing ARC and NHMRC funded research in the Library's Open Access Toolkit.
- Under Funding Source select Add funding source...
- Select the appropriate funding source from the list of availableoptions. Note: ARC (UWA CIA) and NHMRC (UWA CIA) indicates that there is a UWA Chief Investigator on the grant.
- Once you have selected the funding source, add the grant ID/s to the Free keywords field.
13. Click the Save button at the bottom of the record.
Publications become visible in the Repository based on their audit status. All records default to private (non-public) when entered into the Repository. Once a Library staff member begins the audit process and changes the status to approved the record will appear on your profile. This can take up to five days depending on how many records are waiting to be approved. If your publication is still not appearing on your profile after two weeks, please contact the Librarian Support Team.