- Log into the UWA Profiles and Research Repository with your UWA SSO credentials.
- Click the green +Add content button. Navigate to Dataset, click Create from template and select Dataset from Dataset Types.
- You must accept the terms of agreement in order to proceed with a dataset submission. You will not be able to delete a dataset once it has been published. Minor edits can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- A new dataset record window will become available.
- All fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are mandatory. These fields must be populated prior to saving the record.
- Date of data production refers to the date(s) on which the data was created.
- Add all people associated with the dataset. ONLY “Creator” roles will appear on the automatically generated dataset citation for this dataset in the portal. All other roles will not appear in the citation (e.g. Data Collector, Data Manager etc.). You can create external contributors here by selecting Add person…> Create external person
- Dataset managed by is an automatically generated. It is taken from the first-listed creator above. If you would like to change this field, click on Change organisation.
- Publisher is set to UWA by default, but you can change it to a different publisher if your dataset sits in a different repository.
- If your dataset already has a DOI from a different repository, insert this DOI in the field of the same name. If this field is left blank, we will mint a DOI on your behalf during the administrator validation process.
- Upload the dataset files using the Electronic data field
A pop-up will appear when upload is complete.
Visibility should be set to Public – No restriction to make your files publicly accessible and downloadable in the Repository. If you select Visibility as Backend – Restricted to Pure users, your files will not be publicly visible or downloadable but the metadata will be discoverable.
Assign a license to the files (further details available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/).
Select the relevant Type of data files you are uploading and include an embargo date if necessary. Once complete, click OK. Once uploaded, each file can be moved up or down within the file list by clicking on the up/down arrows next to the file name.
- At Physical data include any physical items that could be made available upon request.
- At Links, include all relevant links to the dataset including a description of the link.
- Date made available is the date the dataset was first made available in any repository.
- Contact person is any contributor that will take responsibility for mediating access to any files that aren't publicly available.
- Temporal coverage expresses the date range of the data.
- Geo location includes Geographical coverage as a free text field and Geospatial Point, which can be used for the latitude and longitude, separated by a single comma. If you would like to describe a geospatial polygon location, click on Polygon and type the latitude and longitude reference points in the following manner:
latitude[comma]longitude [space]latitude[comma]longitude[space] etc.
e.g. 37.65665,22.87104 37.5854,22.69011 37.4938,22.78745 37.53859,23.00322
For assistance assigning geospatial references: http://mygeoposition.com/
- Legal/ethical defines any constraints that may affect the availability/accessibility to the dataset file here. Click on an appropriate item and insert a free text statement. This statement will appear in the public portal.
- If your dataset is currently under peer-review and you require a DOI for it, use Dataset Peer-Review Status to indicate the correct state, and whether the dataset can be publicly visible or hidden.
- Add all relevant 6-digit Fields of Research (FoR) codes.
- Include any discipline-specific Keywords in the free text field.
- Other content in the research repository can be linked to this dataset. Add relevant content relations by clicking on the appropriate button. Start typing the title in the free text box and you will see suggestions in the drop down menu and select the relevant item form the drop down menu. To link to a publication, type the publication title via the Publications button. To link to a thesis, you must search for the thesis via the Publications button, NOT via the Student thesis button as this button is inactive. To link to a grant, please type the grant number via the Projects button.
- Visibility of the record can be set to:
- Public – No Restriction: The dataset record will be visible in the Public Portal
- Campus – Restricted to specific IP range: The record will be visible in the portal by all UWA staff and students.
- Backend – Restricted to Pure users: The record will be visible in the backend of the repository by all UWA staff.
- Confidential – Restricted to associated users and editors: The record will be visible in the backend of the repository by staff directly linked to the record (e.g. all creators)
- If you would still like to work on the dataset later, select Entry in progress and then press Save. If you have completed your entry and would like UWA administrators to approve and publish, select For validation and then press Save. Publication takes between 1-3 working days.
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot delete your dataset once it is published.