Step 3: Checking Styles & References
Step 5: Managing your Endnote Library
You can also organise references by adding labels in the Label field within the reference itself.
1. Open an individual reference in your EndNote Library
2. Scroll down to the LABEL field and enter a word, e.g. ‘research’.
4. Close the reference and save any changes.
5. To search for references with assigned labels, select the SHOW SEARCH PANEL.
6. Select LABEL from the field drop-down menu and type ‘research’ in the free text box. Select SEARCH. Any references with ‘research’ in the LABEL field will now be displayed.
Use the Research notes field to add your own information to references.
1. Display the full record of a selected reference.
2. Scroll down to the Research Notes field.
3. Add information relevant to you – e.g. cut and paste a quote from the reference that you want to use.