PLEASE NOTE: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, remote access to the Bloomberg Terminal has been temporarily enabled. To access remotely, book the terminal as per normal: http://library-uwa.libcal.com/booking/barryjmarshalllibraryspecialistpcs. You will then be emailed access instructions. Please do not access the Terminal before your timeslot, as you will disrupt the previous user. Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
A Bloomberg terminal is available on the ground floor of the Barry J Marshall Library and from several locations in the Business School. Bloomberg is not web based and it is not available off-campus.
You can book the Bloomberg & Eikon PC in the Barry J Marshall Library at: http://library-uwa.libcal.com/booking/barryjmarshalllibraryspecialistpcs
Bloomberg can be accessed in the Trading Room located in the UWA Business School. For information and access via the Trading Room please contact the Business School.
Barry J Marshall Library
1. Make your booking using the online booking calendar - http://library-uwa.libcal.com/booking/barryjmarshalllibraryspecialistpcs
2. Log in to the computer with your UWA Personal ID and Pheme password.
3. Double click the Bloomberg icon on the desktop to open Bloomberg.
4. Choose “Create a new login”. Follow the instructions to enter your name, create a password and enter your contact details (including email address). You will need to validate your login details by entering a code which will be sent to the email address that you have entered as part of your contact details.
1. Log in to the computer with your ID details as requested. Double click the Bloomberg icon on the desktop.
2. Click anywhere in the screen titled “1-BLOOMBERG” (you will see this in the extreme top left of this screen). You will then be prompted for your login name and password. If you have not previously created an account follow the instructions for setting this up (see Barry J Marshall Library Step 4 above). Once you enter the Bloomberg login details, two additional Bloomberg screens open (4 screens in total) indicating that Bloomberg is ready for access.
Bloomberg has a distinctive keyboard.
For assistance using Bloomberg there is extensive help, including 24/7 live chat, within the program.
|EQUITIES AND INDUSTRIES|
|SPLC||Supply chain break down|
|RV||Relative valuation (for benchmarking against comparable companies)|
|GP||Standard price chart for a company (graphs)|
|GIP||Intraday price chart and chart options|
|BRC||Research - e.g. broker reports|
|EQS||Equity screening - set screens to customise criteria for equities analysis|
|BI||Bloomberg Industries - industry level analysis|
|READ||Financial news, most read items etc|
|WEI||World Equity Indices - market surveillance of the world's equity indices|
|MA||Mergers and Acquisitions|
|BTMM||Treasury and Money Markets|
|WB||World Bond markets|
|ECST||World Economic Statistics|
|ECTR||Interactive trade flow data from the IMF showing trade flows from 1980|
|FXC||Data on currencies updated in real time|
|WCRS||World currency rankings|
|CMDS||Current global or regional commodities landscape|
|CMBQ||Singe commodity overview|
|BMAP||Visualisation of commodity production and flow at a global or local level|