PLEASE NOTE: Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, remote access to the Bloomberg Terminal has been temporarily enabled. To access remotely, book the terminal as per normal: http://library-uwa.libcal.com/booking/barryjmarshalllibraryspecialistpcs. You will then be emailed access instructions. Please do not access the terminal before your timeslot, as you will disrupt the previous user.
Contact us if you encounter access issues:
HDR Students: email@example.com
A Bloomberg terminal is available on the ground floor of the Barry J Marshall Library and from several locations in the Business School. Bloomberg is not web based and it is not available off-campus. You can book the Bloomberg & Eikon PC in the Barry J Marshall Library at: http://library-uwa.libcal.com/booking/barryjmarshalllibraryspecialistpcs
Bloomberg can be accessed in the Trading Room located in the UWA Business School. For information and access via the Trading Room please contact the contact the Business School.
Barry J Marshall Library
1. Make your booking using the online booking calendar - http://library-uwa.libcal.com/booking/barryjmarshalllibraryspecialistpcs
2. Log in to the computer with your UWA Personal ID and Pheme password.
3. Double click the Bloomberg icon on the desktop to open Bloomberg.
4. Choose “Create a new login”. Follow the instructions to enter your name, create a password and enter your contact details (including email address). You will need to validate your login details by entering a code which will be sent to the email address that you have entered as part of your contact details.
1. Log in to the computer with your UWA Personal ID details as requested. Double click the Bloomberg icon on the desktop.
2. Click anywhere in the screen titled “1-BLOOMBERG” (you will see this in the extreme top left of this screen). You will then be prompted for your login name and password. If you have not previously created an account follow the instructions for setting this up (see Barry J Marshall Library Step 4 above). Once you enter the Bloomberg login details, two additional Bloomberg screens open (4 screens in total) indicating that Bloomberg is ready for access.
To access Help, once you've opened the Bloomberg terminal, either press HELP in the top menu
Or press the green F1 Help button on the Bloomberg keyboard
This will launch the Getting Started with the Bloomberg menu
From here, access Meet the Terminal and Help Resources
You can access tours on navigating the terminal, customising your settings, functions, tools and getting answers
For assistance using Bloomberg there is extensive help, including 24/7 live chat, within the program. To contact Bloomberg's live 24-hour Help Desk, press the F1 Help button twice, or go to the Help & Support page.
Or use the "Live Help" button in the top menu: